Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Something to try...

yeah the 30 day challenge .... Not so much.
Hey i'm working out issues about me being lazy infront of you!  Boy does that take balls of steel when i fail over and over and over agian.
But have you noticed i have yet to give up.. Is that the key? Who knows.
Boarders is going out of business sale,I got 1 home decoration book, and 1 home organization simply together book. Mainly for familys but guess what it starts in September. what are the odds. i should of picked up and started right away.. but i didn't i really want to copy the pages and start after the hoildays. on the new year. <-- wow i come up with some GREAT excuses don't i? so is it an excuse or is it procrasination. I mean i'm too busy cleaning my house to work on a schedule. so who knows. What I do know is. I have been doing something for over a week now. and i'm starting to see the habit part building.

Most self help unlazy me types of people have read a lot of how to .. heck i'm absessed with it as well.  But i found an app on my phone called "Andhabits" Nothing special just a calendar that you can mark what you have done.
I'm a smoker i know it's bad but I have put empty ash trays daily. so if i empty the ash trey that day i mark my circle on the app.  What i am trying to see is if something is so simple and so rewarding (less ashes around the house and dirty tables because they overflow)  does make me feel good.. It takes less then 2 minutes to do and that's the point. I need to find all the tasts in my house that take 2 minutes or less. and start building THOSE into my daily habits.  I Know most will say it takes 30 days or so to build that habit. Well it's not second nature yet for me. but it's only been a bit more then a week. So at the end of this week I will be adding another simple under two minute task to my schedule.

So i have 1 new habit every two weeks. and I would like to mark them on the calendar daily until i don't have to think about doing that task.
The empty ash try habit might be on there for 2 months or maybe 1 month. Either way i'm setting the pace i'm setting what it is i want to do. making it all that more meaningful to me.

So if you want to help yourself.
try this.
Today - get out a post it note or scrap paper or just type in the comments below. and name 5 simple tasks that you can do in 2 minutes or less that you feel connected to. Please keep in mind to find something you don't already do regularly. Pick one and start. My only controlled suggestion is try to do this at the same time frame everyday so you can build it into a routine. and help make it more of a habit.
Hey it's one step to be come less lazy.. Worth a shot? stay accountable and add a comment!

No comments: